WordPress august in short.
While WordPress 5.5.1 is underway the big news this month was the releaase of WordPress 5.5. The official blog post can be found here, and i also listed a lot of the new developer goodies in the previous version of this series.
In related news, Elliot Condon and his team released a new version of the Advanced Custom Fields plugin. Besides a whole lot of improvements this new version (5.9) now includes support for inner blocks.
- Release: WordPress 5.5 “Eckstine”
- Release: WordPress 5.5.1 RC1
- Introducing the GraphQL API for WordPress by Leonardo Losoviz.
- Video: How to make a WordPress website from scratch by Adrian Twarog.
- Deploying Sage (WordPress Starter theme) to your host using Github Actions by BhanuSingh.
- Headless WordPress with Sapper by Shriji.
- How to downgrade WordPress to any version by GretaThemes.
- Set op VSCode and xDebug as the ultimate editor for WordPress development by Matt Shaw.
- Video: Creating your own Wp Cli command from scratch by WPCasts.
- 10 cool React tips by Alexandru-Dan Pop.
- Announcing Typescript 4.0 by Daniel Rosenwasser.
- Video: Introduction to React Recoil (Experimental) state management by Leigh Halliday.
- A lightweight Masonry solution by Ana Tudor.
- Make your first Css art by Nadia Laasri.
- Nailing the perfect contrast between light text and a background image by Yaphi Berhanu.
- Video: Learn by doing: CUBE Css by Andy Bell and Chris Coyier.
- Supercharging the Html number input by Kilian Valkhof.
- Digging Into the Flex property by Ahmad Shadeed.
- Custom select styles with pure Css by Stephanie Eckles.
- Html picture element responsive images by Chris Bongers.
- Leading-trim: The future of digital typesetting by Ethan Wang.
- Why Css logical properties aren’t ready for use by Elad Shechter.
- Flexbox rocks by James Cox.
- How to detect fullscreen mode using Css by Amit Merchant.
- Copy the browser’s native focus styles by Chris Coyier.
- How I structure my Css (for Now) by Matthias Ott.
- Asdf-vm: Manage multiple runtime versions with a single CLI tool
- Video: Getting started with freelancing with Kyle Prinsloo and Niall Maher.
- How fast should your site load? By David East.
- How to use AVIF: The new next-gen image compression format by Dan Klammer.
If you have any suggestions for good article or resources please do let me know! You can follow me on twitter @Vanaf1979 or on Dev.to @Vanaf1979 to be notified about the next article in this series, and other WordPress development related stuff.
Stay safe and have a great september.