WordPress May in short.
In May there were two new releases of the Block Editor being Gutenberg 8.1 and Gutenberg 8.2. And there was also an announcement that the feature plugin for Auto updating themes and plugins will be merged into Core.
Besides the Block Editor and WordPress Core there was another news worthy release in the form of Advanced Custom Fields 5.9 that now has support for Inner blocks.
- Video: Q&A with Matt Mullenweg during WCES.
- WordPress theme starter kit that saved me hours | Understrap by Adrian Twarog.
- How to use Block variations in WordPress by Dmitry Mayorov.
- The complete guide to accessibility for WordPress websites by Ross Johnson.
- Gutenberg Block Patterns: The future of page building in WordPress by Rich Tabor.
- Using Gutenberg Block Variations in the WordPress Block editor by Rich Tabor.
- Gutenberg 8.1 includes block copying, testimonials pattern, and patterns Ui update by WpTavern.
- WordPress block transforms by Chris Coyier.
- ACF 5.9 brings inner-blocks by Acf.
- Gutenberg times live Q & A: Create-block scaffolding and 3rd Party Templates by Greg Ziółkowski and Fabian Kaegy.
- Repo: Examples for extending WordPress/Gutenberg with blocks.
- WordPress user role management itroduction by Alex Young.
- Setup Axios for the WordPress Rest Api by Stephan Nijman.
- Basic post navigation with React and the WordPress Rest Api by Stephan Nijman.
- Fixing and parsing WordPress Rest Api content in React by Stephan Nijman.
- Top features of Php 7.4 explained by Amit Merchant.
- The truth about Php workers and WordPress by Lizzie Kardon.
- New in Php 8 by Brent.
- Array cheatsheet by Atila.
- How to use useState, useEffect, useReducer and useContext in React by Niall Maher.
- UseHooks.com Easy to understand React Hook recipes by Gabe Ragland.
- Reactjs testing crash course by Gábor Soós.
- Creating forms in React in 2020 by Kristofer Giltvedt Selbekk.
- Recoil – Facebook’s own state management library by Shubham Kamath.
- React hooks: everything you need to know! by Sam Quinn.
- Modern Css solutions for old Css problems by Stephanie Eckles.
- When to use Css grid and when to use Flexbox by JS Craft Academy.
- ‘lh’ and ‘rlh’ units by Css tricks.
- Everything I learned about min(), max(), clamp() In Css by Ahmad Shadeed.
- Chromium lands Flexbox gap by Adam Argyle and David Grogan.
- How to create fancy revealing animations with these simple Css tricks by Carlos Roso.
- How to tame line height in Css by Caleb Williams.
- Box shadow Css tutorial – How to add a drop shadow to any Html element by Joe Liang.
- Don’t fear empty divs (And other semantic faux pas) by Cory Etzkorn.
- Using calc to figure out optimal line-height by Jesús Ricarte.
- Visualizing the power of Css Filters using Picturesque.css by Tulsi Prasad.
- Text fields & Forms design by UX Collective.
- GitHub Codespaces: Your instant dev environment by GitHub.
- Don’t teach kids programming by Igor Spasić.
- How to write proposals that will win over freelance clients by Kyle Prinsloo.
- How to stay motivated to keep learning to code by Adrian Twarog.
- Free course practical math for frontend developers by Ryan Gonyon.
- Video: How I went from broke to 6 figures by Marc Backes.
- Git and GitHub crash course by Gwendolyn Faraday.
If you have any suggestions for good article please do let me know! Follow me on twitter @Vanaf1979 or on Dev.to @Vanaf1979 to be notified about the next article in this series, and other WordPress development related stuff.
Stay safe and have a great June.