WordPress September in short.
In September WordPress 5.3 beta 1 was released. This upcoming version includes some updates to the Block editor that may require you to make some modifications to your themes Css. So be sure to check that out.
5.3, which is scheduled for release on November 12, 2019, introduces a new twenty twenty theme, a new admin email verification screen, Date/Time component improvements, full compatibility with the upcoming Php 7.4 release, some changes to Site Health and New Block APIs. It will also include the Gutenberg 6.5 release with a new Social Links block.
- How to get WordPress running with Docker by Michael Lazarski.
- Video: Local WordPress with WP Local Docker running in a VM by Eric Adams.
- Video: Side-Loading WordPress For One-Off Tasks by Alex Young.
- A better WordPress admin title by Adam Patterson.
- Native Lazyload plugin by Google Open Source.
- 9 Tools You Should Be Using In Your Plugin Development by Lizzie Kardon.
- Storing WordPress configuration in environment variables by Matthew Daly.
- Gulp configuration for WordPress Part I and Part 2 by Danny Spina.
- My article: Building a Gutenberg sidebar plugin. Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, and Part 5 by Vanaf1979.
- Good Practices: handling error and exceptions in PHP by anastasionico.
- Improving Performance for Low-Bandwidth Users with save-data by Mike Healy.
- Converting callbacks to promises by Zell Liew.
- Video: Sass Tutorial for Beginners – CSS With Superpowers by FreeCodeCamp.
- You’d be better at css if you knew how it worked by Kevin Powell.
- Two media queries you should care about by selbekk.
- Making sense of units in CSS Media Queries by Dan Burzo.
- How to write reusable CSS with SASS by Brian Neville-O’Neill.
- Smoother & sharper shadows with layered box-shadows by Tobias Ahlin.
- CSS Quickies: @supports by Michael “lampe” Lazarski.
- Automating Website Deployments Through Buddy by Leonardo Losoviz.
- Git: The Beginner’s Guide to Understanding Core Version Control Concepts by Bob Ziroll.
Have a great Hacktober.