WordPress March in short.
March has been all about WordPress 5.4 that should be released later this week. Most of the changes were already announced in February and are listed in my previous article or in the official field guide.
One change that has been a little bit controversial is that the Gutenberg editor will now be in full screen mode by default. If you happen to dislike this change Jb Audras has written up a “fix” for this.
- How to customize the WooCommerce cart page on a WordPress site by Andres Sanchez.
- WordPress post metadata in RestAPI by abmSourav.
- Integrating Api’s with WordPress and Contact Form 7 by Chris Wright.
- Preparing for WordPress 5.4: changes theme and plugin developers should know about by WpTavern.
- Associating GitHub accounts with WordPress.org profiles by Jonathan Desrosiers.
- Video: Make a custom WordPress theme from scratch by FollowAndrew.
- Allow alignment in custom Gutenberg blocks by Danny Spina.
- Making a plugin options page with Gutenberg components by Hardeep Asrani.
- Gutenberg block patterns: The future of page building in WordPress by Rich Tabor.
- How to enable Inner Blocks in your Gutenberg Block by Igor Benić.
A bit of self promo
- WordPress snippet #008 Using transients to cache data by Stephan Nijman.
- WordPress snippet #009 Custom Gutenberg font sizes
- WordPress snippet #010 Filter posts by (Acf) meta values
- Video: How to write exceptionally good exceptions in PHP by Freek van de Herten.
- Bookmarks feature in PhpStorm is truly a saviour by Amit Merchant.
- Best Php practices explained by Julien Maury.
- How to find the script that changes a html tag’s attribute by Alex Dhaenens.
- A guide to handling browser events by Sarah.
- React hooks tutorial: The practical guide to learning hooks for beginners by Ibas.
- Video: Sass Crash Course by Brad Traversy.
- How to use CSS variables like a pro by Brian Neville-O’Neill.
- The CSS -webkit-line-clamp property truncates multi-line text by Addy Osmani.
- How to make a slideout footer by Css-Tricks.
- You can block a button if a field is not filled with pure CSS by Leandro RR.
- MoreToggles.css Stylish toggles with pure CSS.
- Fluid Width Video by Css-Tricks.
- Sass !default and themeable design systems by Brad Frost.
- Flexbox and absolute positioning by HJ Chen.
- CSS viewport units by Ahmad Shadeed.
- A complete guide to calc() in Css by Css-Tricks.
- The html Ol element has start and reversed attributes by Tomek Sułkowski.
- How to change background image opacity in CSS by Jessica Chan.
- Everything about auto in Css by Ahmad Shadeed.
- Discovering the terminal by Balthazar Rouberol.
- 16 Things to improve your website accessibility by WebsiteSetup.org
- Working with feature branches and feature flags by Yoast.
- Video: Using regular expressions – Introduction and simple use case by Eric Adams.
- NpKill Easily find and remove old and heavy node_modules folders.
If you have any suggestions for good article please do let me know! Follow me on twitter @Vanaf1979 or on Dev.to @Vanaf1979 to be notified about the next article in this series, and other WordPress development related stuff.
Stay safe and have a great April.