WordPress April in short.
Following the release of WordPress 5.4 in late March WordPress 5.4.1 was released on April 29th as a security and maintenance release including 17 bug and 7 security fixes.
We also saw the release of Gutenberg 7.9 on April 15th and on April 29th Gutenberg 8.0 was released with a Patterns inserter, Inline formatting, a Code Editor and more.
- Gutenberg block patterns: The future of page building in WordPress by Rich Tabor.
- Do not show WordPress 5.4 default WP blue favicon by Marco Almeida.
- The ultimate guide to creating your own WordPress theme by Danny Cooper.
- Enqueue WordPress plugin admin panel scripts by Seb Toombs.
- Continuous deployments for WordPress using GitHub actions by Steffen Bewersdorff.
- Video: How much to charge for freelance projects as a developer by WPCasts.
- What’s new in Gutenberg 7.4 by Andrés.
- A nice checklist for your WordPress Site by Aurooba Ahmed.
- Adobe XD to WordPress. Full development process for making a website by Adrian Twarog.
- Yoast Seo Rest Api endpoint by Yoast.
- Better WordPress security with WP Nonces by WPCasts.
- Using Composer with WordPress for easy deployments by Vladimir Apostolski.
- WordPress: Related posts with WP_Query by Stephan Nijman
- WordPress snippet #011 and #012 by Stephan Nijman
- Using Composer with Github private repositories by Srinath Dudi.
- Rapid LAMP development – Docker compose & you by Morgan Breden.
- Learn regex the easy way by Zeeshan Ahmad.
- Composer 2: What’s new and changed by Php Watch.
- How to Create a Production-Ready Webpack 4 Config From Scratch by Tyler Hawkins.
- Throttling and debouncing. Avoiding unnecessary API calls by Martín Mato.
- Getting started with the React Hooks API by Sheddy.
- Video courde: React JS for beginners by Quentin Watt.
- An introduction to the Web Contact Picker API by Phil Nash.
- 24 modern ES6 code snippets to solve practical JS problems by Madza.
- Easy carousel slider tutorial using SwiperJS by Adrian Twarog.
- Video: How does Css specificity work? by The Code Creative.
- How they fit together: Transform, translate, rotate, scale, and offset by Dan Wilson.
- LCH colors in Css: what, why, and how? by Lea Verou.
- A grid of logos in squares by Css-Tricks.
- Css logical properties: using the margin-block and margin-inline instead of the default margin by JS Craft Academy.
- How to take the right approach to responsive web design by Kevin Powell.
- Equal height elements: Flexbox vs. Grid by Stephanie Eckles.
- Making a responsive Css grid layout with just 3 properties by JS Craft Academy.
- Create a responsive Css motion path? Sure we can! by Jhey.
- Better form inputs for better mobile user experiences by Alex.
- Spacing in CSS by Ahmad Shadeed.
- A fun generator for Css-only section separators by wweb.dev
- Setting up Windows for web development by Zell Liew.
- You don’t need to master a language before you learn a framework by Tyler Smith.
- How to find a web developer job with no experience or degree by Niall.
If you have any suggestions for good article please do let me know! Follow me on twitter @Vanaf1979 or on Dev.to @Vanaf1979 to be notified about the next article in this series, and other WordPress development related stuff.
Stay safe and have a great May.